You are using Folder Permissions Manager with SQL database logging and experience intermittent timeout errors.
From time to time Folder Permissions Manager deletes old records from the SQL database. If the database is very large, deleting old records may take longer than the default timeout of 30 seconds.
Follow these steps to resolve the problem:
- Use Folder Permissions Manager version 9.0.1 or later.
- Open the Windows Registry Editor.
- Browse to the following registry key (create it if it does not exist):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symprex\Folder Permissions Manager\Database Logging
- Create a new DWORD value with name:
- Set the new value to the desired timeout value in seconds (the default is 30).
If you change the value, you need to restart Folder Permissions Manager for the new value to take effect.
Folder Permissions Manager, version 8 and later.