When troubleshooting a problem with the Out-of-Office Extender service, you may be asked by Symprex technical support to generate a debug log file.
Follow the steps below to generate the debug log file:
- Open the Services Control Manager in Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
- Right-click the Symprex Out-of-Office Extender Service and select Properties.
- If the service is running, click the Stop button to stop it.
- In the Start parameters box, enter the following:
/LogFile=C:\Temp\OOXSVC.log.txt /Verbose /RawData
- Click the Start button to start the service.
- Allow the service to complete a full processing cycle (you can monitor this using the Windows Event Viewer).
- Click the Stop button to stop the service.
- Close the Properties dialog for the service and restart the service from the main window of Services Control Manager.
- Locate the log file and compress it into a zip file.
When you have completed the steps, send the zip file to Symprex technical support.
The path you specify for the log file must exist and you must have read/write permission.
The log file can grow very large and minimum 500MB free disk space is recommended.